TOWN PLANNING PROCESS
Multi-residential developments made easy
From testing through to project design and lodging the council applications, our three-step multi-residential town planning process makes it simple. Our award-winning team will keep you updated every step of the design and application process, with full confidence that your project is progressing on time and on budget.
Our multi-residential town planning process
STEP 1. Project Feasibility
- Site analysis and preliminary siting
- Zoning and overlay review under the Local Government planning scheme
- Land use designation check and provision of planning snapshot including preferred uses and preliminary density/yield information
- Development cost plan
STEP 2. Design and Planning Preparation
- Site contour and boundary survey
- Soil report
- Development of concept plan
- Design review by town planner
- Pre-lodgement meeting with council (if applicable)
- Design amendments following town planning/council review
- Council application prepared by town planner
- Construction cost plan
Note: Step 2 allows for two redraws of the preliminary design prior to the pre-lodgement meeting (initial concept design must remain). Major design changes or additional meetings required by client will incur additional fees. This proposal excludes structural, civil, landscape, hydraulic consultants’ fees and fire, traffic, waste and aborists reports, plus any other additional consultancy services that may be unexpectedly required. If additional consultancy services are required additional costs may be incurred to proceed to step 3.
STEP 3. Town Planning Lodgement
- Town planning application is lodged and fees payable by client when Murphy Homes lodge the application as prepared in Step 2. Murphy Homes act for the client and negotiate with council through this phase.
- Design changes and requests by council are managed by Murphy Homes and submitted to council. External fees are paid by the client. The project design is amended to meet the council’s requirements in order to form a decision from council.
|STEP 1.||$1,100 inc. gst.|
|STEP 2.||Two dwellings $9,900 inc. gst. additional dwellings above two $2,200 inc. gst.|
|STEP 3.||POA. Confirmation at step 1.|
Note: This process is for a maximum of four dwellings